Thursday, January 28, 2010

'S' is for Scrabble. And Sarah!

Thursday P'lovers Series


A woman of words, I’m also a sucker for Scrabble.

Sure, I love learning more about language and developing new strategies for kicking my husband’s behind (ha!), but even at a sensory level, I love the feeling of those smooth little indented tiles between my fingers.

So I was absolutely delighted when I discovered beautiful, picturesque necklaces made out of Scrabble tiles at P'lovers. A miniature winter photograph on one side and a 'S' on the other (only worth one point but easily used to make a triple-word score) made a wonderful personalized birthday gift for my Scrabble-loving friend, Sarah.

What made me feel even better about the purchase? It's local.

Tansy & Co., established in 2006, is a handmade line of home decor, lighting, jewellery and art made by St. Catharines' photographer and designer, Sandy Middleton. The line, using Sandy's own images, ranges from table and ceiling lamps with handcrafted photographic shades, pillows, clocks, coasters, cards and jewellery. Today, Tansy & Co. is sold in more than 50 galleries and shops throughout Canada and the US.

Again, I ask: What's not to P'love? Now back to P'lovers to find me a 'T.'

3 comments:

  1. ooh, does she create custom jewels? I must go check it out, it'd be a nice bridal gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin, I e-mailed Sandy about your question asking if she'd mind commenting on this blog, so stay tuned. Or if I hear anything via e-mail, I will definitely letch'yall know. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi yes I do make jewelry all photo based work. It's pretty contemporary. You can see my designs on my website www.tansy.ca there is a PDF catalog.
    Thanks for the article Tanya!

    ReplyDelete