Thursday, March 4, 2010

Peace out


I can't sleep. And for no good reason. So I came downstairs, opened the pantry (how Nigella Lawson of me) and discovered a beautiful herbal tea I completely forgot I purchased from Vincenzo's. It's called Peace Tea (couldn't we all use a little more of that?) and it's made by The Algonquin Tea Co. in Eganville, Ontario.

Peace Tea is said to promote security, tranquillity and sleep; so with any hope, this blog entry will be short. The other five varieties include:

Sweetfern Tonic - a daily immune booster
Sacred Blend - for tranquility and focus
Homestead Blend - for cold and flu
Awakening Tea - balanced energy stimulant
Lucid Dream Tea - enhanced dream recall (zowee, maybe I should've tried some of that!)

All of The Algonquin Tea Co. herbs are sustainably handpicked in the wild. Rarer herbs are grown organically using non-mechanical, ecologically integrated and permacultural methods. It uses bleach-free tea bags and its packaging is 100% Canadian-made, using 100% recycled materials.

The Algonquin Tea Co. advocates that Canadian herbs are renowned worldwide for their medicinal potency and have been used for thousands of years. The company harvests wild plants in canoes by glistening rivers, in warm morning fields of flowers and cool spring valleys full of roots.

And that image, my friend, is soothing enough to put me to sleep.

My cup is now empty.

Night-night.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tanya!
    Eganville is about 25 minutes from where I grew up. I haven't tried the tea myself, but now I just might have to.

    Hope you are doing well. I guess I'll be seeing you soon!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dana! Great to hear from you. Yes - the stuff is from Eganville, it's totally soothing and put me straight to sleep. I like what the company stands for too. Very cool stuff.

    Hope you're well and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete