Friday, September 24, 2010

Wellesley Apple Butter and Cheese Festival: Sept. 25

When my husband and I started dating, I asked him if he would go to the Wellesley Apple Butter and Cheese Festival with me. Part of my request was tongue-in-cheek; I had never been before but thought it sounded 'cheesy' enough to be a fun second or third date. When he gracefully turned me down because he made plans with a buddy to attend a Michigan football game, I thought I'd have a little fun with it. I decided to attend with a couple family members anyway and make a photo diary of my excursion (so he'd see all the fun he was missing!).

These were pre-digital days, and if I had a scanner I would show you some of the goofy pics I took for him. Pics of the blue grass bands, square dancers, long line-ups to delicious fritter- and dumpling-land, ice cream makers - everything you'd imagine from a typical fall fair scene.

The Wellesley Apple Butter and Cheese Festival is a riot. I've been several times and always get a kick out of it. It's happening TODAY, Saturday, September 25 (what isn't happening today?!) and if you feel like some ol' fashioned cheese, go and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment