Friday, April 16, 2010

I heart Sirkel Foods

It's good, it's fresh, it uses local produce and carries only Ontario wines and beers. And it's home to the greatest Thai-inspired "bikini salad" in town: it's Sirkel Foods at 40 Wellington St., one of my favourite lunch spots in Stratford.

Sirkel is family-friendly with its bright yellow walls, kids' play area, chalkboard specials and no-fuss decor. You're not there for the atmosphere or hit-or-miss service, but for the creative and deliciously gourmet foods, with lots of vegetarian options and extremely reasonable prices.

I love grabbing a sandwich or salad to go and taking it down to the river to savour and enjoy amongst the swans.

I rarely let a week to go by before circling-back for more.

Run, don't walk.

2 comments:

  1. Their muffins are to die for too! Especially first thing in the morning when they are warm out of the oven - yum! Will have to try the Thai bikini salad - sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Krista - haven't tried the muffins yet but will definitely put it on my 'to-do' list now! ;) I've tried recreating the bikini salad at home but it's just not the same!

    ReplyDelete