Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Joy to the Spa

My face lit up like a Christmas tree when I opened a gift certificate for Stratford's E-spa. And having just returned from a heavenly facial, I'm surprised it took me a whole four days to use it.

What isn't surprising is that E-spa was named "Best Spa" in the 2008 Stratford Gazette Readers Choice Awards. The service is impeccable. The atmosphere: clean, serene and comfortable.

Desiree was the esthetician who transported me from 20 Cooper Street to nirvana in 120 seconds flat. Now one might think a 'Pick-me-up facial' implies a quick fix of sorts. I was rejoicing that the treatment lasted 1.5 hours and in addition to the cleansing, steaming and layer upon layer of lotiony-potiony goodness, it also included a hand, foot, scalp, neck AND face massage. I mean, seriously - "Pick me up?" More like pick me up off the floor. With a mop. And a bucket.

The cost of all this luxurious pampering? Sixty-five dollars. Unless you have a gift certificate, and aside from giving a much-deserved tip, you'll also want to throw rose petals any direction Desiree steps.

While the facial products E-spa uses aren't from around here, it carries several Canadian skin products and jewellery lines.

But the service was local. And an absolute joy. So in the name of necessary pampering and self-care - especially around the holidays - I only see it as my duty to tell you about it.

Run, don't walk. Your scalp to soles will thank me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much Tanya. That is one of the nicest complements we have received, also the first blog review...other than our own!! I will pass this along to Desiree, and the rest of the staff at e-spa. Thank you! Erin at e-spa
    www.e-spa.ca

    ReplyDelete