Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tashodi me happy


Thursday P'lovers series

Self-care is important. It's often what slips through the cracks when we're busy taking care of everyone else. As a new mother, there are times when I feel like I'm frantically paddling upstream in a sponge canoe just to make it through the day. I attest to leaving the house like I never once would - grey roots exploding like lightening, teeth barely brushed, face splashed and streaked with whatever moisturizer's in arm's reach (yes, diaper cream has found its way to my t-zone). It ain't always pretty, but it's my new frazzled reality.

Despite often feeling like I need a quick fix, my vices are few: I don't smoke, drugs are limited to a rare sip of Pepto Bismol (I'm not sure if you've noticed but I do enjoy food), shopping doesn't give me the thrill it once did, and drinking? Well, I enjoy a glass of wine as much as the next girl but it usually hits me faster than I can finish a story and believe me, my friends have validated this theory.

So instead of buying cigarettes, expensive over-the-counter remedies or retail bargains that aren't usually bargains anyway, I choose to vote green with my green and treat myself to something good for both me and the planet. It may cost $22.95 a jar but it's worth it. I'm worth it. And no, I'm not talking about hair colour (while my roots could surely use it).

I am talking about Toronto-based, Canadian-made Tashodi body scrubs, which come in the most exquisite tea and lemon, green coffee, pure lavender and ocean mineral varieties. Used in a steamy hot bath, these aromatic eco-friendly crystals exfoliate all your worries away, helping you get back to you. My suggested pairing: Tashodi SLS-free foam wash, a chilled glass of good pinot grigio and a dusted-off tiara.

Tashodi offers a range of bath and body care products that also include body bars, soaks and baby products. You can find them at P'lovers in Stratford, as well as a number of eco-conscious retailers across the country.

Tashodi is committed to offering paraben-free products that are transfair, certified organic, genuinely natural and otherwise green. Its founder, Natacha Rey, began her career studying Chinese and homeopathic medicine, as well as aromatherapy and reflexology. After five years of study, Natacha practiced in a medical clinic where she had a hard time keeping up with the demand for the skin care products she hand-blended for her patients. Soon after Tashodi was born.

Everything about Tashodi products makes you feel good, right down to the plant-fiber packaging and promotional material, both biodegratable and recyclable. And feeling good leads to doing good, which is really what it's all about, isn't it?

Put your best (exfoliated) foot forward and treat yourself to some Tashodi.

1 comment:

  1. Tashodi products are great, and made right here in Toronto. I usually order them through kuuala, they offer free shipping :)
    http://www.store.kuuala.com/brands-1/tashodi.html

    ReplyDelete